Monday, April 30, 2012

New Delhi

Pounding the pavement the sounds of kids voices jingle the air, in the distance, I hear someone scream. 

Keep India green, those words are smeared with shit across a silk screen, it sheens and gleans and sparkles in the sun as the smell permeates my head and explodes into everyone, save a trash can cause it's not there or anywhere it doesn't exist.  The smell of piss and street food I won't dare dismiss but never miss the sight of garbage for miles covering every surface that the eyes can reach all the way up to the Taj Mahal the piles of waste pile and topple the tippy tappy top of the kiddies and dogs dying in the street.  I just want a piece of meat.
Gotta keep pounding the pavement- gotta keep goin'. So much money I don't have, can't stop, no, go away, NO, No,No NO!!  I can't help you, kid.Go away.  Get away from me, you smell, you're starving, I don't trust you, you just make me feel bad kid- don't you get it?  I'm emotionally spent, I can't kid, I don't have anything left.
I gotta keep some for me kid, otherwise I'll end up like you.  Guilt pounds the pavement -  a hollow woman is her leader, helpless coward.  Where did she go? India ate her- it messed with her flow.  She has no bird in her cage to sing. To sad to document, to tired to lift her head too tired.
She sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment